<VV> Subject: Re: My Happy 4th of July (belated) plus heat issues

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 6 23:35:51 EDT 2009

Congratulations!!!   No Pain, No Gain... and you must now be one of the
expurts here on 'vair verdad ...

You probably wouldn't suspect it based on the number of what would
seem to most of the vv'ers very simple problems that I continue to
post.  That said, considering that I didn't know much about auto
mechanics outside of simple repairs like brakes, fans, starters,
power steering, installing seats, gauges, etc. , certainly no deep
engine work and absolutely nothing on a Corvair, I'm quite proud of
the repairs that I have made on the Monza over these last six years,
and truly indebted to the vv'ers and my club buddies that have led me
by the hand through this adventure.  As most of you probably know,
this is more than a car, it is a family heirloom passed on to me by
my dad and someday, hopefully passed on again to my son or daughter.
BTW, July 14 will mark the 25th anniversary of this Monza being in
the family although there has been a Corvair in the immediate family
(dad or siblings) since 1963.  I certainly want to take her out on
the 7th to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the production of the
first Corvair for sale.

Thanks,

Stephen