<VV> Desirable Features

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Jul 7 10:50:53 EDT 2009

Of course!  The leaking push rod tube seals are the equivalent of today's
computer-controlled electronic maintenance reminders (check engine lights,
etc.).  Once you see the oil leaks you are reminded that it is time to
change the oil, etc.

Additionally, the leaking seals were the 1960's version of advanced
corrosion management systems - simply put, the oil splaying all over the
rear end of the car kept them from rusting.

Finally, as has already been stated, the odor caused by the oil hitting the
exhaust manifolds were the 1960's equivalent of modern electronic Carbon
Monoxide detectors.

So as you can see, leaking o-ring seals were a Very Desirable Feature
indeed!

Bill Hubbell