<VV> update on washer pump

Cliff cliff at tibweb.com
Sat Jul 11 09:56:54 EDT 2009

Back in April, I mentioned that I had purchased a washer pump for my '66'
from Rock Auto.  Well, I did.  I got the ANCO model.  However it just sat in
the box until yesterday.  In a word, it's crap.  In the first place, it is a
generic pump that fits many different Chevys of that era. The first thing I
had to do was remove the top two sections of the bellows and rotate it 90
degrees.  The cam on the inside that allows the bellows to work when
energized by the switch looks like it will disintegrate the first time you
use it, and finally the spring on the bellows is much stronger than it needs
to be and makes the unit extremely noisy.  I took it back off.

Having said that, I realize, I could have gotten the worst one of the bunch.
If anyone else bought one of these units and has had good luck with it,
please let us know.

Anyway, this has been my experience so far.  I will continue to play with it
when I return from Jacksonville.

FWIW, I see that Clark's no longer carries the repair kits for the original
pump.  They do have a repro, probably the same unit I have.  I will know for
sure later this week.

Cliff Tibbitts,  Bound for JAX.  If you see an Artesian Turquoise, 66 Coupe
on the side of the road, please stop and offer encouragement.  Remember, I'm
a candidate for the "Hard Luck Award."  :-)