<VV> Carburetor Heat System

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Jul 13 11:22:02 EDT 2009

The engine compartment air deflectors were added to all FC's about
3-27-61.  Their purpose was to prevent carburetor icing.   Without them
FC's will experience carb icing when driven at highway speeds, on high
humidity days, at temperatures between 30 and 42 degrees F.   They do
not effect engine cooling only serve to deflect the engine cooling air
away from the carburetor intake area.
Jim Davis