<VV> Carburetor Heat System

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 11:36:05 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/13/2009 11:23:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jld at wk.net
writes:

The  engine compartment air deflectors were added to all FC's about
3-27-61.  Their purpose was to prevent carburetor icing.    Without them
FC's will experience carb icing when driven at highway  speeds, on high
humidity days, at temperatures between 30 and 42 degrees  F.   They do
not effect engine cooling only serve to deflect the  engine cooling air
away from the carburetor intake area.
Jim  Davis

Thanks Jim.

I had also heard (I think from the late Bob Kirkman) that they deflected
the dust picked up from the front wheels away from the carb intakes as  well.

Bob Hall
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585090x1201462820/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)