<VV> Stop the Pinging.

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 13:59:23 EDT 2009

There are two additives to fuel that will prevent pinging, depending on the type of fuel sold in your area. We were having problems with ethanol, which went on sale in May, 2008. One was vapor lock under load, and pinging under load. We sent away for Max Lead 2000, which contains tetraethyl lead and raises the boiling point of the fuel up to 60 degrees F. The pinging goes away immediately. The engine will a little cooler. We've been using this additive in Marine motors and diesel engines with great results. Another additive is called Techtron, which is sold everywhere.I haven't used it, but It seems to help. One thing hurting us is that the amount of ethanol added to fuel is not regulated tightly and they are adding up to 15% or more. This fuel attracts H2O like a magnet and is very corrosive in the older carburetor vehicles.