<VV> looking for a 110 engine for my daughter's 66 Monza PG

Jedd Hebrink jhebrink at anvilcom.com
Mon Jul 13 14:23:17 EDT 2009

Readers with long memories may recall my tale of woe; my daughter peeled the
#3 rod cap off in her 66 Monza.  With the help of the VV community and some
great Corvair vendors, I rebuilt the engine.  Within about 100 miles, the #5
rod bearing spun.  After a second tear down and rebuild, the engine has
developed a severe knock again.  The car has been sitting in my shop, and my
daughter has been patiently waiting for me to build up the motivation to
tackle this project again.

I think I am at the point where I would like to swap in a running engine and
get her back on the road while I go through the knocking engine to try to
determine why I keep experiencing these failures.  Does anyone know of a
relatively affordable, running engine available in the Austin - San Antonio
area?  If so, perhaps you could contact me off board.

Thanks,
Jedd Hebrink
512-940-0858