<VV> Driver door latch - '65

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 15 03:21:31 EDT 2009

OK, I heard an odd sound as I pulled up the interior handle in order to exit
the car.  Can't really describe it other than to say it was not the normal
sound - let's call it a "clink" - but it was more like only one click
instead of the normal (rapid succession) two.

So the door does not fully close now.  Just hangs on the safety(?).  Yes,
I've played with the handles (in and out) and the lock button in several
combinations.

I assume that I'll have to pull the upholstery off in order to solve the
problem.  But, if there is a shortcut I should try first, I'd love the hear
about it.

Later, JR