<VV> EM vs LM lower shrouds.

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 16 14:35:14 EDT 2009

I put a '64 van engine 110 into a '61 coupe. The last item to install was the '61 lower shrouds. They were not  installed by the PO. (wonder why?)

 Problem.........I started on the right (passenger) side and found that the combination of the '61 shroud (The shroud is the one piece type that has the door sheet metal spot welded to the lower shroud) and some LM thermostat doors I had do not fit!

   The right shroud is the correct one (draft tube hole and oil filler provisions).

   I will need a set of EM shroud doors as they must be different than the LM doors???

   I will need the  EM thermostat brackets and the long rods.

 Would I be better off using an LM set of shrouds and just making access for the oil filler tube?  I probably have enough in the stash to do this. This seems to be the right answer. I know others have made swaps like this and I am looking for advice before I experiment with an LM shroud.

 MIKE KOVACS