<VV> My Plans for Monday

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jul 17 18:09:41 EDT 2009

On July 20, 1969, I was riding shotgun in my father's 1964 Greenbrier,
on a highway in New Jersey known as the Garden State Parkway.  At 4:18
PM that day, we heard on the car's radio:

"Houston, Tranquility Base here.  The Eagle has landed."

How big a moment was that?  To this day, every time -- and I mean every
time -- that I drive past the point on the highway where we were when
this happened, I think of it.  Every time.

Monday will mark 40 years to the day.

Dad's been gone over ten years now.  But I still have his Greenbrier.
On Monday, at 4:18 PM, with the radio on, I will be driving past -- or
stopped at -- that very location.

Where you in a Corvair when man first landed on the Moon?

--Bob