<VV> My Plans for Monday

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Jul 18 05:02:12 EDT 2009

I was 12 when the first moon landing took place.  I started school the Sept
after Glenn went up, and I can remember sitting at my little table at home
watching  the lift off.  Back in the 60's little boys all wanted to be
astronauts, not so many after seeing Life Magazine with the charred Apollo 1
capsule, and knowing 3 men died in it.

Grade school teachers made much of every space flight, and constantly told
us to watch "history being made".

Also proud of the fact that the first man on the moon was an Eagle Scout.
Don't think they named the LEM because of the award, but for the symbol of
our nation.

Extra credit question, off list replies only----When Armstrong stepped off
the LEM, which foot hit the lunar surface first, and was there a reason why?

Hank