<VV> My Plans for Monday

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sat Jul 18 10:01:53 EDT 2009

I own Glenn's 1964 Corvair!  If not for the fact that I will be out of town Monday, I would sit in that car and pretend it was Freedom 7.

As for me, I was almost 15 years old on July 20th 1969 and stayed up all night glued to the TV. We did not get our first Corvair until the following year. I do still have many of the models I built of Apollo, Gemini, and Mercury spacecraft at the time, however, as well as a box of newspaper clippings of the event.

My older brother (now deceased) actually managed to attend the launch of Apollo 11 (at the age of 18) with a press pass from a local radio station.

Man, I miss him...

Bill Hubbell