<VV> My Plans for Monday

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sat Jul 18 20:51:45 EDT 2009

I guess I will chime in, too.   The wife and I were in a Holiday Inn in
New Bern, NC.  I spent the morning getting my 20 foot Vivacity sailboat
out of the marina at Cherry Point MCAS and loading it on the trailer.
I towed the rig with my 1965 Corsa convert.  When I got to the draw
bridge across the Trent, River there was a traffic jam.   The draw
bridge was stuck open.  You don't back up on a two lane road in a 4-sp
Corvair towing a 21 foot long trailer with 3,200 lbs of sailboat.  They
finally opened the bridge at 7:30 CST.  We checked into the nearest air
conditioned motel to spend the night (after 6 hours in a stopped car
with the temps in the low 90's).  We stayed up most of the night
watching the TV.

I kept my slide rules (a Post and a K&E) until  my son bought me a HP
12C in 1977.  The slide rules have been packed away for many years but
the 12C gets used almost every day.  I have been through six desktop and
three laptop computers but the HP is still hanging in there.   HP still
makes the 12C but the price has increased from $49.95 to $85.00.
Jim Davis