<VV> Help, heater hose installation on a 1965

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jul 19 12:12:07 EDT 2009

At 06:30 PM 5/7/2009, Robert Marlow wrote:
>Step one:  Become smaller and skinnier.  Or, find a helper who is.
>
>I've done the job that you describe, but as you know I am smaller and
>skinner.  And STILL I invented some new words.  But I have also used two
>of the ideas that you have considered:  Used pliers to create a lead
>angle (carefully, and conservatively), and used a lubricant (but not wax
>or grease for the reason you cited.  I used ArmorAll).
>
>In the Tech Guide (or somewhere) I once saw a tip about making a metal
>extension for the left side of the heater box.

That extension trick using clothes drier exhaust "plumbing" is
absolutely a good idea.   Next time it's hose time I'm going that
route... so far the hoses are still all in place.   For now.   I saw
one 'Vair that I was underneath that had an extension like that made
from an old coffee can.   (think it was one of Bill Burleson's cars IIRC)

I'm not fat but I'm not small either.   Doing that hose is a genuine
PITA if you're 6'2" and large boned and not as flexible as a kitten,
especially when all you have is ramps.

tony..    mostly drives the '60 that doesn't have hoses