<VV> Brakes grabbing

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 26 14:19:31 EDT 2009

No, I notice it frequently when the emergency brake is released and
occasionally when the foot pedal is depressed and released.   It
takes a good deal of pressure to turn the passenger side rear in the
air for 180 degrees.  When this is happening, the car does not move
forward in drive, no gas, after taking the foot off of the brake.
Sometimes putting my foot under the pedal and bringing it towards me
will cause the brakes to release.  I bought a complete set of new
springs, emergency spring, too, and will probably replace all of
them.  I don't know what the life span of the springs is, but of
course these are 45 years old.  I won't be tearing into the guts
until I can eliminate leakage and drum round as culprits which are
very simple operations.

Stephen