<VV> paint codes

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 09:45:34 EDT 2009

"I wondered, and hoping that someone reading this may be able to help me?
 I am currently restoring a 1965 Corvair Monza convertible here in Australia.
 I am restoring the interior of this car with a red interior (it was originally white). The dash panel was originally black and I will of course have to repaint it the correct shade of red colour.
 Here's my problem. Australian paint suppliers can not match colours using USA paint codes so quoting USA paint numbers or codes is next to useless."

I can't find my color books right now, so a quick search returned this page.

http://www.paintcodes.net/chevy-paint-codes-1965.html

It shows two reds offered, Regal Red and Rally Red. If your paint supply people can't match USA codes, can they match PPG codes?

Another solution may be to order some paint through a US supplier and tell them it is for the interior. I would think interior colors are like exterior colors but in a 30% or 60% gloss.

Also the paint color "chips" used on this page are not actual paint chips, but rather simulated as they are a result of RGB hexadecimal coding. For what it's worth, the Regal Red is represented as RGB code, 6D1718 and the Rally Red is RGB code, 9a1a19.

Roy