<VV> Gas gauge accuracy

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 28 02:55:21 EDT 2009

If I recall correctly, the resistance element (LM) in the tank has 2 (maybe
3?) coils to it.  Should one of those coils fail, the reading will be too
high on the gauge with a full tank.  BUT, it will work (the dash gauge)
close to normal below at about 1/3 of a tank.  Correct?

It will provide the impression of good gas mileage for about 1/2 a tank -
and then... What the H happened...

Maybe EM is the same?  Just at a different OHM range?

Also... I think that you meant to say ONE of two things.

Later, JR