<VV> 67 Corvair bucket seat question

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 28 09:22:36 EDT 2009

The '67 model year had some running changes concerning the bucket seats
(for one). Also, there were differences in the 2dr and 4dr seats. All seats
starting in '67 had to have fixed backs or latches, so that they wouldn't
fly forward in a crash (government standard). The 2dr seats all had
outboard latches at the bottom of the seat back, while the 4dr seats had
one bolt run from the bottom holding the seatback stationary. The
upholstery reflects this latch/no-latch difference, though you can't see it
once the seatback is installed. At about the 24,000 car point, the
seatbacks on ONLY the 2dr cars were changed to plastic, requiring a
different top attachment hanger. The 4door seatback remained the same
(steel back) thru the end of the run.

It sounds like you have a conglomeration of all of these.

-Mark