<VV> Build Sheet

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Jul 28 11:17:01 EDT 2009

Build sheets are occasionally found stuffed inside the seat cushions or seat
backs.  They aren't always there, as it seems to depend on the mood of the
seat assembler whether s/he stuck the sheet inside or not.  The seats were
assembled at one plant while other body components were assembled elsewhere,
so while there originally were multiple copies of the build sheet for each
car, generally only the ones inside the seats survived, if any.

Here is a link to a couple of photos showing a build sheet I found stuffed
in the seat back of my son's 1965 convertible:
http://tinyurl.com/nburcu

http://tinyurl.com/n4u7hk

The interesting thing about this build sheet is that it indicates a seat
made for a 4-door and is therefore NOT the build sheet for Geoff's car,
although it was from the same week as the Build code on Geoff's Fisher
tag(03-03 = 03A).  At first I thought that somebody had changed the seat,
but Dave Newell offered a possible alternative (see below for actual quote):
because the seats were assembled in Grand Rapids and then shipped to Willow
Run Plant, it is possible they got mixed up.  It is also possible the seat
technician put the wrong slip inside the correct seat.

Bottom line: be cautious about assuming the build sheet you find in a seat
actually belongs to your car.  IF all the numbers on the Build Sheet match
the numbers on your Fisher Body tag you likely have the correct Build sheet
for your car - otherwise not.

For research purposes, if anybody has found Build Sheets I would appreciate
a photograph of same, along with the Fisher Tag and VIN tag information of
your car.

Bill Hubbell
President, SCG