<VV> Seat extenders

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Fri Jul 31 18:11:11 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <ScottyGrover at aol.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Seat extenders
> Hi  all,
>
> I just got a set of seat extenders from Clark's (being over six  feet and
> driving 1100 miles to Jacksonville) and I'm having difficulty  installing
> them, the floor bolts are too short to attach on the right side  bracket
> and
> the brackets don't seem to follow the floor contour.? Has anyone  done
> these
> successfully and how?? 65 Monza 4door.
>
> Regards,
>
> Guy  Brandes
>

> I had the same problem about a year ago--called Clark's and talked to
> their
> service people--was told that the extender was correct; I drilled out the
> extender (about 1" back from the hole that was provided) and that
> worked--but I  didn't get the 3" extension that was advertised.
> I'm about ready to use the Clark's unit as a template to have my own
> extender made--with seat mounting studs about 3~4" further back than the
> ones I
> have.
>
> Scotty from Hollyweird
A few years  my co . made some fittings for " group Red " leader, he was
getting together some seat remounting kits, not sure how that turned out,
but searching the archives might get his phone number.  If not, let me know
off forum, I might still have his address.

Also, I might be able to turn you out some specials at po-boy corvair guy
pricing if you can give me the specs. you need, verbal description would
probably work ok.

just some thoughts, ken at deltawerkes