<VV> CORSA Support

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Jun 2 12:26:51 EDT 2009

BBRT wrote:
> Example: the Mitty. Sarah was the only BOD member to support it. The
> applicable Regional Directors didn't sound off  nor attend the Corvair Car
> Corral or event (as I understand the attendance list).  Hell, Chuck Armer
> got almost 20 cars paying to play in the Corvair Corral  at a really big
> event-car show at the track. Oustanding publicity for Corvairs but CORSA was
> nowhere to be seen.

If it is true that CORSA was nowhere to be seen, it is a crying shame,
but it is not the fault of CORSA (the entity) but of we, the individual
members.

Prior to the Mitty, I arranged to have the CORSA display tent
transported there.  Through the actions of volunteers it was taken from
Chicago to the Performance Workshop in Indy, then home with another
volunteer who was to bring it to the Mitty.  At the Mitty, another
volunteer was to pick it up and take it on to Jacksonville.

I then contacted a small number of people, seeking volunteers to help
coordinate attendees to set up the tent at the Mitty and hang out under
it, promoting CORSA.

Being very busy at work, I was not able to follow-up any further.  Did
the canopy get there?  Did it get set up?  Did anyone enjoy its shade
and rain protection while promoting CORSA?  I don't know.  But from my
home 800 miles from where the canopy was stored and 800 miles from where
the Mitty took place, I tried to kick-start the process.  Everyone needs
to do a part.  CORSA is us, individually and collectively.

--Bob in NJ