<VV> Pushing up the rear

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 5 10:57:45 EDT 2009

Agreed, but poor shocks will allow the car to bounce and possible drag some. Plus you have to remove the shocks to get the springs out if that is the way to go. The spacers do work, but I would not recommend them except for a temp fix.
 MIKE KOVACS

From: Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com

 > Netherlands, '64 vert
>Normal shocks will not change the ride height. Yes, on the '64, the rear
springs have different stiffnesses for left and right. A less desirable
option than replacing the coil springs is to find and install a spring
spacer block in each coil. A quick search on the web showed, however, that
the spacers would be difficult to locate.