<VV> Fuel tank sender leaking?

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 5 17:46:51 EDT 2009

Definitely supposed to be tight and no leak, The rubber gasket makes the seal.  I'd suggest draining the tank and removing the sender then do a CIR, (Clean Inspect Repair). Epoxy may work inside and outside. I'd suspect a bit of rust through.
 MIKE KOVACS

________________________________
From: Les <corvair at mts.net>
A friend's '63 is dripping some fuel. Looks like it's coming from around
the fuel line where it enters the tank - where the pipe goes into the
sending unit. The pipe is a little loose in the sender - is it supposed
to be tight? Any easy repair for this? I'm wondering if I can use some
fuel tank sealing epoxy (easiest), remove the sender and solder the pipe
(cheapest but some work), or replace the sender ($ and not necessarily
available...).

Thanks,
Les
corvair at mts.net