<VV> Silicone Wire Systems News

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 16:46:54 EDT 2009

I am happy to report that Silicone Wire Systems now has in stock a  new
snap-in shroud seal for our ignition wire sets. After two years of  chasing
down and evaluating sources, I just received 5000 of the new seals  constructed
from black silicone material. After checking the fit and assembly, I  have
started using them on production sets, they are the same shape asour older
ones. They are compatible with either the orange or black plug  center boots
I use, which have always been made of silicone.

The outer seals I have used for the past 30+ years were made of EPDM
rubber. Although EPDM is a better material than the neoprene material  used in
original factory sets, in some cases, the seals would harden in  use, due to
heat exposure. (Particularly on Forward Control applications.) In my
literarure and in one-to-one sales, I have been cautioning folks about this  issue
for years, and I have been supplying replacement sets of seals for a long
time. The new silicone outer seals should stay as soft as our center boots
for the lifetime of the wireset, and remain easy to install and remove. The
last  few months, to maintain deliveries, I have been using an  alternate,
one-piece, black boot/seal. Those are also made  of full silicone material.

New production wire sets will now be supplied with the silicone material
seals. If the EPDM boots on your set are still soft and supple - as are the
four  year old set on my race car - there is no reason to replace them. But
if the  heat has finally hardened up the seals on your set and you have a
tough  time installing and removing the plug boots, I would be happy to supply
you  with a set of six replacements. The price for the new seals remains the
same as  the price I charged for the EPDM seals, $1 each, plus $2.50/set in
postage. They  are pretty easy to replace, using a little silicone grease,
which I supply  with each set. If you have any questions, feel free to call
me or drop me an  E-mail. Or just drop a check in the mail!

Seth  Emerson

Silicone Wire  Systems
3462 Kirkwood  Dr.
San Jose, CA  95117