<VV> Brakes not releasing

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 7 12:17:46 EDT 2009

<snip>
This is how you fry brake shoes without realizing it.   It's also the
cause for a lot of brake pulling that's not corrected by changing
brake shoes or bleeding.

Change out those hoses if they're old.  Been through this about four
times.

tony..

Reply:
I have replaced the hoses in the front and back in the last 5000
miles (front) and last 500 miles (back).  I have replaced the
cylinders (front) in the last 5000 and 500 miles (rookie mistake led
to that one) and the back in the last 5000 miles.  I replaced the
shoes (FLAPS - suspicious ?) and had the drums turned (not my idea -
long story) in the last 5000 miles.  I replaced the master cylinder
(yes, bench bled before installation) in the last 5000 miles and
changed to the synthetic blend of fluid and bled the system in the
last 500 miles.  I adjusted the "star" wheel adjusters as prescribed
in the '65 manual.  And now...?

Stephen