<VV> Running oil temp normalcy

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 7 14:48:58 EDT 2009

There are a couple of problems with doing that right now.  The first
is that I just changed the oil and I am using the rather expensive
Brad Penn Racing oil with, curiously enough, a Mobil 1 filter.  Until
I reach the end of the oil's useful life, I won't be changing the
oil.  The second problem that I'm concerned with is making sure that
the engine has had sufficient miles on it to seal the gaskets from
the rebuild.  This is just the second full milage (3000 miles) oil
change.  If there are no leaks, and I already see a slight (three or
four drops coming from the drivers side hole in the skid plate), then
I may give it a try.  Something that I have never heard is whether
you can go back to dino if the synthetic begins to leak though
gaskets without the oil continuing to leak or whether that leads to
you know what.

Stephen