<VV> V8 Conversion

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Jun 9 15:00:43 EDT 2009

I'm a big fan of the Buick/Rover V8 (recently had one in the back of a
Lotus Esprit) but I think now I'd go for an LSx alloy block "SBC"...
just slightly heavier (though a lot wider) than the 215, but 300-350hp
"out of the box". To much for the Corvair transaxle, so you're looking
at a Porsche 'box, but the result is stunning. (There's at least one of
these around... owner hangs out at the Corvair Center).

I'm getting ready to do a front engine LSx swap in a non-Corvair just to
get some experience with the engine and electronics (very easy to retain
the fuel injection, as many emissions controls as you want, etc)....
under $3000 for a low mileage LSx with a "single wire" preprogrammed
computer setup...

Web page/forums for LSx cars and conversions:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/index.php

Bill