<VV> Electric fuel pump inertia switch

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 07:29:09 EDT 2009

"...decided on my Rampside to start living a little less dangerously and
to (finally) install an inertia switch... I was wondering where others have
mounted them on their Corvairs. Do you guys (and gals) put a fuse before
this  switch or after for that matter? ..."

Just finished an electric fuel pump install on the  wife's Greenbrier. The
inertia switch is mounted on a fabricated aluminum plate,  viewable and
accessible from the rear, hinged engine compartment door (left hand  side,
closest the battery). As I'm using a fuel pump relay, the inline  fuse
immediately precedes the common terminal of the relay. The effect  is the pump is
fused, but the control circuit is not. Wherever you decide to  place the fuse,
you'll want to be protecting the power circuit of the  pump. See wiring
diagram at: _http://rides.webshots.com/album/572891286IEoaPB_
(http://rides.webshots.com/album/572891286IEoaPB)  .

Mike Mauro
64 Greenbrier Deluxe & other Vairs