<VV> Electric fuel pump inertia switch

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jun 10 07:55:33 EDT 2009

All wiring in a vehicle needs to be protected by a device to prevent
fire. So all wiring needs to have a fuse or circuit breaker upstream.
But as a cost saving measure, the manufacturer takes a few chances on
some wire not needing protection. Starter power circuits don't, as the
fuse would be extremely large. Some years of Corvairs do not fuse the
cigarette lighter circuit. At some point, all late model Corvairs have
their wiring (except starter) protected by a fuse link near the battery.
As a personal choice, I would fuse any wiring I added to a vehicle. Fire
is not fun.

Frank DuVal