<VV> 215 engine in a vair

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 07:51:46 EDT 2009

In a message  from virtualvairs-request at corvair.org writes:   By  the time
you buy a 215 or its derivatives, tear it down, rebuild it, etc., it's  not
cheap. The LS series V8s have been out since 1997, or a total of 13 model
years. I'll bet you'll find a nice, clean, running LS1 for less than you'll
spend making a nice 215, and it'll be FAR more powerful.

my answer (not from doing it!) is the 215 package ends up being very close
to the original weight and balance when you get done. it also lends itself
to a  nice sound , no loss of inside space, easier cooling etc etc.  i have
seen  a class act installation in a late model , then a similar class act
job using a  new corvette setup. there are surprises to overcome in any
installations like  this. even controlling flow to radiator and back...too much
flow wont leave  enough heat behind ...lots to the fun of such jobs.  just
throwing cash at  it wont work. takes gobs of hard work also!
regards, tim colson

**************Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s
full line of laptops.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222008777x1201444407/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215566094%3B3786435