<VV> 215 engine in a vair

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 09:46:14 EDT 2009

 Keep in mind, if you put the FWD components on the front (rear?) of an LSx engine, it gets a lot shorter. The new Impala SS is an example of the FWD version of this engine.

Also, the LSx is close to the weight of the 215, I doubt there's a weight penalty enough to worry about. The wonders of an engine that was developed a LOT more recently, with more modern manufacturing techniques, and in an era where weight elimination has become a religion.

Never heard of the issue of excessive coolant flow, unless someone thought leaving the thermostat out was a good idea! (never is on a water pumper).