<VV> Carter YH rich running UPDATE

Duane, Jim E. JDuane at advprograms.com
Wed Jun 10 09:53:44 EDT 2009

Hi all.

Last night I took off and totally tore down the carb.  Bottom line:  no clogged passages/ports.  What I DID find out was that one of the two metal "fork prongs" that holds the bi-metal choke spring was broken.  Interestingly enough, when the engine was running the choke worked flawlessly.  While running and hot when I looked inside for dripping the choke was fully open.   Perhaps the piece was occasionally interrupting choke operation and jamming the plate?  Tonight I will replace the accel pump diaphragm, re-assemble, put the float back to 5/8" and put it back on.  Weather and time permitting, I will warm it up, twist the choke housing to make sure the plate stays open, and see what happens!

Jim Duane