<VV> This will blow you away!

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Jun 10 18:49:29 EDT 2009

This morning I was reading this article on AutoblogGreen about GM's
new 33,000 square foot battery test lab, the Global Battery Systems
test lab, in Warren, Michigan. I found it quite interesting. It's good
to know that GM is taking all this seriously. It sounds like the Volt
and Voltec program is about the only one that hasn't had funds cut. If
this interests you go here: http://tinyurl.com/nv6plo

But what caught my eye, was when I clicked to go into the gallery of
pictures of the opening of the lab. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/lb645j

Yes, friends, they have on display there the Electrovair II !!!

If you click on the second link above, you'll see a gallery of 72
pics. You can scroll through all of them or just click on the small
pics of the '66 Marina Blue Corvair Sport Sedan that is Electrivair II
(looks like Marina Blue to me).

I presume they have it there to show how long they've been researching
electric vehicles. I didn't see anything about it in the article. But
there you have it - in GM's newest, most state-of-the-art facility,
built with the last few dollars of corporate money, when most other
programs were being cut or eliminated, is a Corvair! How cool is that!!!

If you Google "Global Battery Systems" you will find some news
releases on the new lab, but I didn't see any more on the Electrovair.
Googling "electrovair" brings up several articles on the Electorvair
and other GM electric vehicles.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer & Membership Chairman