<VV> This will blow you away!

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 21:45:51 EDT 2009

 Very cool indeed! Thanks

-----Original Message-----

From: Bruce Schug <bwschug at charter.net>

To: Virtual Vairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

Sent: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 6:49 pm

Subject: <VV> This will blow you away!

This morning I was reading this article on AutoblogGreen about GM's

new 33,000 square foot battery test lab, the Global Battery Systems

test lab, in Warren, Michigan. I found it quite interesting. It's good

to know that GM is taking all this seriously. It sounds like the Volt

and Voltec program is about the only one that hasn't had funds cut. If

this interests you go here: http://tinyurl.com/nv6plo

But what caught my eye, was when I clicked to go into the gallery of

pictures of the opening of the lab. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/lb645j

Yes, friends, they have on display there the Electrovair II !!!

If you click on the second link above, you'll see a gallery of 72

pics. You can scroll through all of them or just click on the small

pics of the '66 Marina Blue Corvair Sport Sedan that is Electrivair II

(looks like Marina Blue to me).

I presume they have it there to show how long they've been researching

electric vehicles. I didn't see anything about it in the article. But

there you have it - in GM's newest, most state-of-the-art facility,

built with the last few dollars of corporate money, when most other

programs were being cut or eliminated, is a Corvair! How cool is that!!!

If you Google "Global Battery Systems" you will find some news

releases on the new lab, but I didn't see any more on the Electrovair.

Googling "electrovair" brings up several articles on the Electorvair

and other GM electric vehicles.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug

Treasurer & Membership Chairman