<VV> EM windshield removal

Geoffrey Stozek gjjs at att.net
Fri Jun 12 12:08:05 EDT 2009

There is a simple fool proof method for removing early model windshields (and rear windows).   After experimenting with the "gentle" foot pressure method on junkyard cars in the late 60's and failing about 50% of the time, I decided there had to be a better way.    The key is holding the rubber back from the frame on the inside.   To do this I use blocks of wood, about 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch square by 4 inches.   I start at one point along the top of the windshield, placing a block between the rubber and the steel window frame.   I place these blocks all along the top and a couple along each side starting at the top.   With the blocks in place, the top of the windshield can be pushed out with very little pressure.
Good luck.
Jeff Stozek