<VV> Some quick questions about LM engine perimeter seal

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 13 14:27:00 EDT 2009

Top side = body side

I've found it to be more difficult (but not impossible) to install the
corner pieces when the engine side is attached first.  I've occasionally
used dishwashing detergent as a lubricant when I felt the need for any.  If
you are working with a used seal (most likely), the wire (spring?) in the
bottom side will already have taken a shape at the corners, so you need to
take that into account when attaching the corners to the body.  The ends of
the seal should come out somewhere in the vicinity of the center of the rear
of the car - say somewhere between the oil filter and the idler pulley.
Later, JR