<VV> Holley 500

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 12:56:16 EDT 2009

I recall reading, either on VV or the Corvair Center, that the Holley 500 was a good choice for a carb on a single manifold on a 110 engine. Has anyone had any experience with a Holley 500 on a 110? If so, how did you set up the carb. I currently have a 110 engine with a Rochester 4-barrel that I drive in town. The 4-barrel is not the smoothest set up - stumbling on leaving a stop light, tendency to stall. Maybe the 4-barrel needs more work. I'm not certain because I did not install this setup on the engine. Also, the mileage is terrible in town (actually quite good on the highway, though). Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Joe White
CORSA, RMC