<VV> Holley 500 or Not

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 13:25:55 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/16/2009 9:58:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jwcorvair at aol.com writes:

I recall  reading, either on VV or the Corvair Center, that the Holley 500
was a good  choice for a carb on a single manifold on a 110 engine. Has
anyone had any  experience with a Holley 500 on a 110? If so, how did you set up
the carb. I  currently have a 110 engine with a Rochester 4-barrel that I
drive in town.  The 4-barrel is not the smoothest set up - stumbling on
leaving a stop light,  tendency to stall. Maybe the 4-barrel needs more work. I'm
not certain because  I did not install this setup on the engine. Also, the
mileage is terrible in  town (actually quite good on the highway, though).
Any thoughts or comments  are appreciated.

Regards,
Joe White

If you change to a 2-barrel carb, and want to use a Holley, I would go to a
 350 CFM 2-barrel, such as this one from Summit Racing.
_http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-65-7448/_
(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-65-7448/)

It has the center pivot floats but is better sized to your manifold/head
combination. There are adapters made to place the Holley (same pattern as the
 500 CFM) in place of your Rochester. Is your Rochester a "4GC" model?

You might still consider going back to the Corvair carbs. Great on a 110
motor.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823265x1201398681/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)