<VV> Camaro front spoiler

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Thu Jun 18 14:01:16 EDT 2009

Well let's seen now,
Since I have recent experience with the "frangible" Camaro spoiler I feel I can offer some insight.
I have used the one Lon sells on several of my cars, most notably on my Sunoco tribute Yenko clone.
During practice at the Mitty at Road Atlanta I had an opportunity to explore an unpaved area off the outside of a corner at speed.
This created a huge cloud of dust as the lower part of the front cross member leveled out a high spot in the red Georgia clay.
As I suspected the front spoiler was totally gone except for some fragments still stuck to the bolts at the ends of the braces. As was stated the spoiler comes with the standard three metal rod braces for a Camaro. (Lons does, Clarks does not)
I only use the two rods at the ends. Also I use nutserts in the sheet metal instead of sheet metal screws.
There was no damage to the sheet metal attachment points. Another spoiler was found and attached in time for the next day. I like'em!
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com