<VV> You know your Turbo is working when...

Wayne B. afvair at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 10:13:47 EDT 2009

Hello Corvair friends,

You will know that your turbo is working when you are going up a long grade, as a semi is in the right lane and you are in the passing lane. As you accelerate, you look in your side mirror and a Toyota Four Runner is trying to get around your 65 turbo vert. You then begin to feel the turbo kick in and may even hear the turbo "sound/whine".

You look again in your side mirror and the Toyota Four Runner can't catch up and get around you so he too can also pass the Semi-Trailer. All of a sudden you realize..."hey...I'm beating a Toyota 4 Runner with fuel injection and all the modern goodies." Iv'e just got a stock YH here!

A large smile will then stretch across your face and you will settle into a stuppor of happiness and JOY!

P.S. This is a real story and not Fiction. This actually occured on my way to the Tristate Meet, May 29, 2009. Three other corvairs were further behind me from the Bonneville club, and can verify that the said experience actually happened with the beginning of a "puff" of black smoke exiting my tailpipe. By the way, I AM STILL SMILING!

Wayne
Kaysville, Utah
BCC - Bonneville Corvair Club
CORSA