<VV> You know your Turbo is working when...

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Fri Jun 19 13:52:50 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne B." <afvair at yahoo.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

> Hello Corvair friends,
>
> You will know that your turbo is working when you are going up a long
> grade, as a semi is in the right lane and you are in the passing lane. As
> you accelerate, you look in your side mirror and a Toyota Four Runner is
> trying to get around your 65 turbo vert. You then begin to feel the turbo
> kick in and may even hear the turbo "sound/whine".
>
> You look again in your side mirror and the Toyota Four Runner can't catch
> up and get around you

Heh Heh, that is really good !!  I have both a 180 AND a v6 4 runner .....
exactly right on.

I went all thru the 180 and put in all new good parts ... ( ching! $4000
back in 88 )... then decided that if I finished hopping it up, I could never
cool it anyway ....  short of the waterfall treatment ... so I quit there
and bot/built some v8 vairs ...  they are very reliable and a Target SBO
( small block Obama heh heh ) is about $4K cheaper than a rebuilt corvair
engine.  sigh.  ya know, I do miss that whooshing sound, tho ...

just some thoughts , ken campbell, iedoghway