<VV> Cooling Boosted Corvairs Re: You know your Turbo is working when...

Test User vair65 at sisna.com
Sat Jun 20 11:12:38 EDT 2009

frank-your mixing apples and oranges. what tom did on the salt flats has no
bearing on what can be dopne for a street car. assuming tom had some way to
control the flow rate of water he could have been injecting more water into
his engine than a street engine could have handled. i've seen/heard v8's out
there that didn't even fire on all 8 cylinders until well over 150mph. i've
also seen air to ait intercoolers that were larger than the corvair engine.
why not look at all the different band aids porsche tried in their quest for
high power and streetable air cooled heads. none really worked until they
went to water cooled heads. i've tried using water injecting quanties until
the engine would barely run at slow speeds and decided to run a safeguard
system instead. much faster reacting, no worrying about how much water to
feed the engine and etc. i'm also using a front mounted mazda oil cooler and
synthetic oil so not much more can be done that way. mike mann