<VV> Unitized body WAS Information to use in promoting the Corvair

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Jun 24 06:43:32 EDT 2009

There are several good replies to this post but the one car
forgotten was the Cord ... Designed to be an early 30s model
it would have been the first in USA but introduction was delayed
until the 1936 model year.

Little mention was made of the 'Step Down' Hudson of the late
40s.  It would have been the first of the large heavy cars to be
fully unitized.

The bolted on front fender comment amused me.  It brought
to mind the Studebaker Lark of the late 50s.  This was NOT a
unit body car but the front fenders were welded on ... but the
rear quarter panels did bolt on.  What could they have been
thinking? :-)
Ken P