<VV> Oil pressure shut off switch

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 13:10:29 EDT 2009

The more I look at what the installation of the Clark's oil pressure
shut-off for the electric fuel pump would look like, the less I like
it.  The tubing for the shut off has to be raised and then tilted at
a 45 degree angle to be installed.  It also puts it smack dab between
the belt.  I would be one failed belt away from an oil soaked engine
compartment and possibly another engine rebuild.
I was told at my last club meeting that there is an oil pressure
sender that would work better as it has three connections; ground,
sender for the dash light and another for the shutoff to the pump.  I
believe they said it was from a Vega - (year model ?)   I would like
to add an oil pressure gauge to the dash later, and so, do I need a
fourth pole on the pressure switch or exactly how does that work?

Again, I need a switch that will operate the dash light, shut off the
electric pump in a stall, and send a signal to an under-dash mounted
pressure gauge.

Stephen Upham