<VV> Oil pressure shut off switch

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 21:19:15 EDT 2009

Stephan,
 If space, expandability, and the simple fact you want to move the
sender (and any potential future upgrades) away from the belts, run a
hose (some have even used a grease gun hose) from the original location
of the oil pressure sender (on the delcotron adapter) to a bracket on
the left side of the engine compartment. You can plug this hose into any
number of fittings (collar for a single sender, a "T" for multiple
senders). This approach has been well documented on various sites (one
by Rick Norris (http://www.corvairalley.com/65%20%20Rebuild.htm) comes
directly to mind).

I have a mechanical gauge, electric gauge sender, and an oil pressure
"light" sender in my engine compartment mounted this way.

jack kean
Arlington, Texas