<VV> milky stain

Wayne.Stutts at comcast.net Wayne.Stutts at comcast.net
Wed Jun 24 19:24:32 EDT 2009

Hi John,

The milky appearance is something that occurs on trim that has been anodized.

The solution involves locating a service that will deanodize the trim.  This involves dipping the trim into a tank containing the mixture that will remove the anodizing in less than a minute.  Afterwards the trim can be polished to a mirror finish a brilliant as you want it to be.  This now leaves it where it can be scratched and over time will need to be polished occasional.

Spraying with clear paint will protect it but will reduce the shine.  The perfect solution is have the trim anodized again after the polishing to desired shine.  I have had this done on three different occasion in the city I live in (Nashville TN) and each time I have had to hunt for a new company to do it since the previously used co. had gone out of business.

A tip that help me find someone to deanodize was from a plating company that performed polishing as a service as well as plating.

The last company did a lot of work for the Peterbilt assembly plant.

Good luck in finding a source.

Wayne Stutts