<VV> Stoich Operation Re: Emission vs. Mileage

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 13:13:04 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,
     Right on!!!  You've done just what I would recommend for someone who wants to improve mileage while still keeping the stock carbs.  If you have the optional "cockpit" display for the SafeGuard it would be interesting to see how much and how often the SafeGuard retards the spark.  The Innovate dual O2 sensors are a GREAT idea to use for modifying the separate carbs since each O2 sensor handles each carb.
     The 3.27 rear is also a step in the right direction.  Maybe if you can find a 3.08 you could go even further in improving your mileage.<GGGG>  And, if the SafeGuard is being activated too much and too often you could always add water injection, but I "may be prejudiced" in that matter.<GGG>
     Thanks for the knowledgeable response.
     Regards,
     Frank "aquaman" Burkhard