<VV> Boss & Fender skirts (NO CORVAIR BUT LOTS OF GM!)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 08:00:21 EDT 2009

I'm just a petrolhead (I assume you call them gasheads...) (;-))) - if it
has 4 wheels (even 3, at a pinch!), I love it. Currently own the following
marques:

Ford, Hudson, Chevy, Lancia, BMW, Volvo, Ford (UK), Volkswagen and Lotus.

I love 'em all, and each one does something else well. Someone asked me what
the perfect car was recently, and the answer was one with perfect build
quality, lots of room, great handling, lots of space, a low weight, great
styling, a low price, great gas mileage and very high performance.

No one car could ever offer that blend of virtues (because some of them are
self-contradictory - e.g. low weight and lots of space, or great gas mileage
and high performance).

So my solution is to have lots of different cars, each of which ticks a
different box.

Heck, even the Volvo, which is a truly horrible car (I just use it for
towing) has one thing that is better than on any other car I have ever owned
(the seats). So you just have to have an open mind and pick your cars (and
your other consumer durables) on the basis of their  qualities and your
needs, rather than prejudice.

Cheers

Alan