<VV> car purchase help, no Corvair

Spence Shepard sshepard3 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 30 18:18:20 EDT 2009

My (future) son-in law just killed his 98 Malibu (lack of coolant) and is in need of a replacement. He lives in Santa Monica, CA and I can't help him find a car from here (Charlotte, NC). He's looking for a good used or cheap new car. He doesn't care a lot about the driving experience (hence the Malibu) but more about getting from A to B reliably and inexpensively.

Does anyone know a car dealer in that area that is honest (is that an oxymoron?) and could help him. Also, can anyone in that area use a dead Malibu (or tell him how to get rid of it).

Thanks,

Spence Shepard