<VV> Floor Mat Painting Question

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 30 18:46:46 EDT 2009

I assume you are talking about the rubber accessory mats. So why would you
want to paint them? It's better to just get a mat in the color you need.
Sure, it may take some looking around. But as I have always said, painting
plastic (or anything) that's molded in color is a patently bad idea. Paint
is a coating, and like any coating, it can be rubbed, scraped, worn, etc.
away. And when your base is another color, then's when your part REALLY
looks bad. There's a reason why some parts were always molded in color....

-Mark

floormats, the kind that lay on top of the carpet.  I have painted some
using vinyl paint in spray cans, but they get spotted once they get wet and
the spots don't go away when the water dries.  Has anyone tried anything
else that works good?  How about spray cans of bumper and trim paint?